Tuesday, September 4, 2007

In search of....what?

What exactly am I trying to find? Fabulosity? Fabulousness?

Whatever the word, I want to create a new "me."

For years I thought that "when I grow up" or "before I get too old" I would become a truly fabulous, interesting, confident woman. I'm 33 now and it's time. I need to overhaul my body, my hair, my skin, my makeup, my clothes, my shoes, my accessories, my posture, and my attitude.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not exactly a troll. I'm just a woman who let things slide a bit for a couple of years. When I get cleaned up, I look pretty good but why can't I look good all the time? Why do I need a special event to pull together a good outfit and fantastic makeup and hair? I don't! I've just forgotten that even though I'm a busy working mom, I'm allowed to take care of myself.

I'm starting with my physique. I was once a bodybuilder (not the freaky kind - just a lightweight!) so I know I have the experience and ability to create an incredible body. But the willpower...where did that go? I dieted hard for 20 weeks before each show. Oh, right, when you don't commit to parading around on a stage mostly naked in front of hundreds of people, dieting and working out doesn't have the same level of importance. Well, the willpower is back and I'm ready to go.

I'm starting tomorrow with ditching the junk. Hence the chocolate chip cookies I am devouring right now. Natural foods will be my best friends. Lower carbs, healthy fats, moderate protein and unlimited veggies are the plan.

Exercise will begin again. Instead of traditional bodybuilding and cardio, I'll be doing more of a circuit-style of training with maximum oxygen debt. I'll also begin flexibility training. Still considering yoga. Perhaps for the adorable clothes? Wait - I must drop some fat before slipping into my lululemon.

I'll be monitoring my progress mostly by how I look, feel and fit in my clothes. While my weight isn't the defining factor for my success, I will be monitoring it. So, my first weigh-in is tomorrow.

And with that, I'm off to prepare some food for tomorrow and drink a bunch of water to help flush out the water I'll be holding from these cookies!

2 comments:

ankur said...

Great blog. I really liked it. I have also created a lens in same niche. This is my first time, hope u guys like it. Here’s a brief intro Body Building Weight Training Tips for beginners here are my top bodies building weight training tips for beginners. These tips will set you on the right track and will help you to get the most out of your weight training sessions. It's important to get a good body building weight training book. Make sure you get one that has good pictures and descriptions of the exercises. http://www.squidoo.com/Body-building-weight-training/

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

Hey! What happened to the weigh in? How's the little guy doing in kindergarten?